i. Engage in ethical, respectful, positive and collaborative professional relationships with:
- Teachers establish strong rapport and knowledge about their learners
- Relationships are key to creating a positive emotional environment inclusive of all students (TK Pride)
- learners feel safe and are encouraged to take responsible risks
- Teaching colleagues, support staff and other professionals;
- Fully collaborates and shares with colleagues
- Is actively involved in sharing knowledge of curriculum and teaching techniques to improve own performance or to help others (e.g Learning Partner Observations)
- Adheres to the Te Kowhai School code of conduct as a positive way of enhancing relationships
- Family/whānau and other carers of our learners;
- Positive partnerships with parents are evident (TK Pride)
- Proactive strategies are used to ensure parents are kept informed and involved in their child's learning and class/school events
- Recognise and value the input of families/whanau to the school and their child's learning
- Agencies, groups and individuals in the community
e-Learning - Supporting materials RTC 1
1. What do I do to establish working relationships with my ākonga, their whanau and my colleagues and others to support the learning of those I teach?
2. How can I develop these relationships further?
3. How do I access/use personal information about students that may affect my teaching?
4. How do I/can I embrace e-learning to establish and develop working relationships with my students, their whānau, and my colleagues to support the learning of those I teach?