MyPortfolio is an appropriate tool for Performance Management for
- It provides more options via multimedia to record evidence
- It provides a more wholistic approach to performance
management, allowing teachers to use evidence of practice in a range of
situations including formal appraisal, informal reflection on the
Teaching as Inquiry Cycle and Job applications. For provisionally
registered teachers it provides the tools for gaining full
registration. It may also provide a clear process for schools /
teachers involved in competency issues.
- MyPortfolio is a lifelong learning tool that provides
teachers with a platform to use relevant information for their
experience and professional development in a range of contexts over
- It provides a secure and flexible electronic form of
- MyPortfolio is community based providing the opportunity
for teachers to join learning groups that meet specific needs possibly
not available within an individual school.